To provide more reliable and standardized services across the province, eScription was implemented to replace the old dictation system (Dictaphone).Since 2015, the eScription dictation system (including electronic signature functionality) has been available across Nova Scotia’s health care sector (Nova Scotia Health Authority and the IWK Health Centre).
Benefits of eScription
- Reduces document turnaround time by implementing back-end speech recognition in areas where this wasn’t previously available.
- Decreases costs related to medical transcription by increasing productivity and decreasing the need for vendor usage for manual transcription.
- Increases system reliability through centrally hosted rather than stand-alone systems.
- Standardizes processes and workflows making the movement from one area to another easier for health care providers.
- Increases accessibility to providers to review, revise and e-sign transcribed reports as the system is web-based and does not require any installation.