Thank you for participating in the Let’s Talk Informatics presentation series. Our mandate is to get people excited and informed about clinical systems and information which lead to positive patient outcomes.
These sessions are open to clinicians or employees of Nova Scotia Health Authority, the IWK Health Centre, Primary Health, the Department of Health and Wellness or anyone who would like to participate in person, via Skype or conference line. The sessions will be recorded with the recording available for future viewing.
We are currently in a controlled vendor environment for the One Patient One record project. Attendees will be reminded to refrain from questions or discussion related to this project.
These sessions have gone through the Mainpro+ Certification process recognized by the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC) for continuing professional development (CPD) credits. This Group Learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the Nova Scotia Chapter for one Mainpro+ credits.
The College-approved learning objectives for this program state that at the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Identify what knowledge and skills health care providers will need to use information now and in the future.
- Prepare health care providers by introducing them to concepts and local experiences in Informatics.
- Acquire knowledge to remain current with new trends, terminology, studies, data and breaking news.
- Cooperate with a network of colleagues establishing connections and leaders that will provide assistance and advice for business issues, as well as for best-practice and knowledge sharing.
The following PowerPoint template has been developed based on the Mainpro+ requirements for your use.
- Slide six leaves room for you to enter you session specific objectives.
- The Conflict of Interest Declaration - if you have no conflict of interest you simply state that.
For the session evaluation, your session specific objectives will be added to our template. Select Survey will be used to conduct the evaluation and results will be shared with you following the closing of the survey.
Presenters are requested to limit their presentation to a maximum of 45 minutes to allow time for introductions and questions at the end of the session. Finally, please provide a brief bio (max. 200 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org at least one week in advance.
We would appreciate your completing the following NSHA Media Release Form and returning the signed copy to email@example.com or in person to the event organizers. Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.